Make a call and save $150

I received my credit card bills last week. Apart from the usual horror of discovering that I have been swiping my Amex and Visa far too frequently, I realised that they had also charged me $150 for the annual fee.

Picking up my courage, I called the hotline expecting to have to make another of those threats to cancel my credit card to one of those innocent call operators. I was almost reciting the exact words to say to the operator.

To my surprise, I realized that it was now automated and just by punching in a few details, I got immediate confirmation that my annual fee for my credit card could be waived. All this without speaking to a human being. The banks must have been getting lots of phone calls and have thus implemented an automated service!

I really wonder whether there are people who actually pay annual fees for their credit cards nowadays. Almost everyone I know of does not pay their annual fees anymore. If that is the case, why don't the credit card companies just waive the fees once and for all?

5 comments:

  1. "Picking up my courage, I called the hotline expecting to have to make another of those threats to cancel my credit card to one of those innocent call operators. I was almost reciting the exact words to say to the operator."

    LOL.

    No need. Just do this. Call the hotline and politely said: Pls help me to waive the annual fee and any conversation from here onwards are just blah blah blah ... at the end of this they will just waive it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. credit card is a cleverly devised evil to get people to spend money that they don't have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As it take effort to call and there'll always be the uninformed who'll never call so the bank will keep alive any revenue stream it can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is true. I am sure some people do not check their credit card bills

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I am sure $150 is peanuts to quite a few people. But for me, just a phone call is all it takes to wipe out that annual fee =)

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Unlock Exclusive Deals and Savings: Join Amazon Prime Today!

Amazon is celebrating Prime members with a multitude of deals during Prime Day. The event will offer more deals than ever before, with new d...