Well, the first thing to realise is that it is not too difficult to buy silver in Singapore. I am not talking about investing in silver through ETFs but really owning physical silver bars and coins. There are actually quite a few companies that sells silver bullion. Here are the few things that I have learnt about silver coins thus far:
1. Buy silver coins or bars that are widely recognised
- This seems to be the advice that people are giving in various forums. Coins widely recognised include the American Silver Eagle and the Canadian Silver Maple Leaf. There are others like the Australian Silver Kookaburra from Perth Mint and also the Austrian Silver Vienna Philharmonic.
- One can check the spot price for silver easily on kitco or some other website. However, silver coins often trade or are sold above the spot price of silver. Even on Ebay, they trade above the spot price.
- Silver price has been increasing slowly.
- www.1silver1.com (Website is a bit slow so need to be patient)