Mark Cuban - "Live like a Student"

Mark Cuban and his Broadcast.com founders sold their company to Yahoo for $5.7 billion in 1999.

But he did not upgrade his lifestyle.

He said the wisest advice he got was to "live like a student".

So he kept his house,  car and furniture. 

The only thing he splurged on was a private jet (a Gulfstream V business jet) for $40 million.  And the reason for doing so was because he valued time as the most important asset and this bought him time. 

Mark Cuban is an American entrepreneur who has a networth of $4.5 billion according to Forbes.


He has also been expanding his investments in the blockchain space. In 2021, it was reported that he invested in Indian crypto firm Polygon(MATIC). Sandeep Nailwal is the co-founder of Polygon.


Was reading one of my old post: 


I know that my financial freedom goal is to achieve a passive income of $2800 per month by the year 2022 (FUTURE). NOW, I am achieving slightly above $200 per month in passive income.
Since now is the year 2009, I have set the goal of achieving $400 per month in passive income by the end of this year. How I set out to achieve this goal is to reduce my expenditure and increase my sources of passive income.

 

2022 is here already!! Can't believe it has been 13 years since I wrote that post. 


Have I achieved what I set out to do? Stay tuned to find out more. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Unlock Exclusive Deals and Savings: Join Amazon Prime Today!

Amazon is celebrating Prime members with a multitude of deals during Prime Day. The event will offer more deals than ever before, with new d...